All results will vary per person depending on their skin type, lifestyle, existing hair, bone structure, aftercare. We do not offer refunds on any service.
• Do not work out 24 hours before procedure.
• NO alcohol or caffeine 12 hours before procedure (Yes, there is caffeine in decaf coffee and tea!).
• Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure.
• Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen, fish oils 48 hours before procedure. This may cause excess bleeding and may affect your results.
• Discontinue Retin-A at least 4 weeks prior (and avoid on eyebrow area after procedure).
• Refrain from use of any Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) products, Vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation close to the eyebrow area 2 weeks prior (and avoid on eyebrow area after procedure).
• Botox and filler on the forehead, temple, and eye area should be avoided 1 month prior to procedure for those who do not regularly receive injectables.
• No brow waxing, tinting, or threading one week prior (the more natural hair growth you have, the better!)
• Do not have chemical peels, dermabrasions, mesotherapy, or any other intense treatments 3 - 4 weeks before the microblading procedure. This will cause faster skin cell rejuvenation and skin irritation and will therefore affect healing and the final outcome.
• You may come in with how you normally draw in your brows/bring samples of brow shapes you like to the appointment.
• Plan your vacations accordingly because you will need to avoid water for 7-14 days after. This includes excessive sweating, pools, lakes, salt water & extreme sun exposure.
Here are a few tips on how to prepare for your new brows before your appointment:
• Do not touch the healing pigmented area with your fingers, they may have bacteria on them and create an infection.
• Apply aftercare gel (Cicaplast) 2-3 times a day until the procedure has healed. Always use a clean cotton swab and not your fingertips.
• Avoid showering for the first 24 hours. When showering or bathing during the healing period apply a thick layer of aftercare gel to create a barrier and avoid putting the procedure area directly in the water stream. Continue this regime until the procedure area has completely healed.
• No makeup, tinting brows or lashes, excess sweating, facials, sun, soap, sauna, jacuzzi, swimming in chlorine pools or in recreational bodies of water, contact with animals, or gardening for 7-10 days (until the area is completely healed) post procedure and after all touch-ups.
• Botox should be avoided for 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks following your appointment. Avoid Laser treatments around the procedure area as there is a risk of altering the colour and lightening the pigment. If facial plastic surgery is being considered, it is advised to be fully healed prior to your appointment.
• Do not pick, rub or traumatize the procedure area while it is healing (pigment may be removed along with crusting tissue).
24 hours after procedure, clean brows every night to remove buildup of the aftercare gel. With a damp cotton pad, gently pat brows clean then re-apply a thin layer of aftercare gel.
• Use a "total sun block" after the procedure area has healed to prevent future fading of pigment colour.
• Do not use products that contain AHA's on the procedure area. Example: Glycolic, lactic acids. Always check your product labeling. These products will fade your pigment colour.
• Similar to traditional tattoos, it is normal to experience some loss of pigment during the healing period. Please take precautions to protect light coloured linens and towels. The pigment is expected to be darker for the first 3-5 days after your appointment. Don’t panic! They will lighten and change every day during the healing period.
• After the initial healing period and once any flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes which will make it seem as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. Within 1-2 weeks, 40-60% of the pigment will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
• If you have any questions or concerns please notify your technician immediately.
• If you experience any itching, swelling, blistering or any other complications post-procedure, stop using the product and call your technician immediately. You may be allergic to the aftercare product you are using.
• Failure to follow these instructions may result in pigment colour loss. All permanent make-up procedures are a two-step process. Your touchup appointment should be booked 8-12 weeks after your initial appointment. On rare occasions, a third appointment is needed to achieve a desired look. This must be booked within 3 months of your previous appointment. Pricing will be charged according to time frame since your last touch up.
For 7-14 days following application of permanent makeup: